Our Vision is to empower the women & children in Nepal who hope to break free from the entertainment sector, so that they may lead a life free from violence, exploitation & stigma.
Our Mission is to support women and children by providing skills, knowledge, funds and resources, to enable them to earn a dignified living for themselves and their families, as part of their community. We help set up and fund small businesses, with ongoing support in the form of business workshops and follow ups. We also support the initiatives of partner organisations. In 2016 we opened a Support Centre in Kathmandu, which provides skills training, social and life skill activities and an emergency Safe House.
WONDERWorks is a charitable society, registered in Hong Kong in 2012 (Reg. No. CP/LIC/SO/19/48549) and in Nepal in June 2016 (PAN No.879). WONDERWorks Nepal is also known locally as Shashakta Nari Nepal. Our dedicated Management Committee Members volunteer their services, so that all donations go directly towards our mission. We implement our programs personally to guarantee money goes to the intended purpose.
Current operation and program
- FORWARD STEPS - Skills training for employment opportunities
- SMALL BEGINNINGS - Funding small business start ups
- LAST HOPE – Vital support for emergency situations
- PROJECT DIGNITY – Producing sanitary kits to keep girls in school while providing incomes
- HEALTH MATTERS – Health education and support